Tuesday, August 22, 2017


I ran across a blog the other day that showed a Baltimore Album quilt.  It made me yearn for this one I made in 2010.  I'm not sure it was 'Baltimore' but I enjoyed learning the back basting method of applique and of course I loved the completed quilt.  I donated it to a worthy cause.  After all.......I could make another.

Last night I found a free pattern for an applique block.  I'm including some of the steps and my first attempt at applique in a very long time.

The tracing is done on the back of the fabric.  I started stitching it but I can see there's plenty of room for improvement.  The stitches are too big and the curves aren't rounded enough.  But it's a start.

Hope you had a good day.

-- Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment